Pie Therapy

Recipes and ruminations on pie.

Friday, May 12, 2006

Me 'n you Pie


My latest pies were forays into berry. Summer is around the corner and I was sick of heavy pies. One evening we were having friends over. While my husband and the male dinner guest were preparing savory sauces, I entreated the little girls to pie making.

My friend's four-year-old, my 2-year-old and I set about to make a berry pie. We made my regular crust and added 2 cups of frozen berries, 1/4 c of tapioca and a cup of sugar. The girls poured in the ingredients, helped me stir and roll out the dough. We also made little cinnamon triangles with the leftover dough. And, placed a P in the middle as it is the first initial of our little friend.

The pie came out magnificently. Even the non-sweet eaters gobbled it down.

The following weekend, I asked my daughter to help me make another pie. This time it was with fresh blackberries, mixed with frozen. She helped me measure and put in all the ingredients, and even helped with the counting. This time we brought the pie to a party. And unfortunately, although tasty, it was watery as all get out, even though I took water out after it baked. Bummer.

It looks like now my daughter is hooked too. The following week she said, "Come on mom, me 'n you pie." Translation - let's make a pie together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home