Pie Therapy

Recipes and ruminations on pie.

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Back in the Saddle - Strawberry Blackberry Pie


I hadn't made any pies in 6 months. It could have been wanting to loose weight, or likely just that I have been swamped with my daughter, business and starting a school. Anyways, I had been on a pie hiatus, much to the chagrin of my husband.

The hiatus was broken with a mixed berry pie. We had a bunch of strawberries reaching the end of their rope so I combined them with other blackberries from the market into this pie.

Blackberry Strawberry Pie
Mix the berries with all the other ingredients and put in the bottom shell, fold over the top shell. Bake at 375 for 45 minutes until bubbles.

Hubby, my daughter, my next door neighbor and my M-I-L are shared in the pie and expressed their happiness that I was back in the pie business. It thought it was pretty good too. And this time I refrigerated the crust while I did the berries and it seemed to make the process much smoother; it was the best crust in a while.


2 Comments:

At 9:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've made this pie about 3 times so far and I LOVE it (and so does my family and coworkers!) Thanks so much for posting it! I'm a fledgling pie-maker and this one just boosts my confidence every time I make it.

 
At 8:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Boy Daniel and I are making this today in Alaska for a 4rth BBQ. But he wanted a lattice top so that is what is going in the oven. Hope it's good : )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home