Pie Therapy

Recipes and ruminations on pie.

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Ginger Lime Peach Pie


Now that I am back on the pie kick, peaches is the thing at the local market. And, hubby wanted a peach pie.

After such a long pie hiatus, I remember now why I do this. It is a really simple way to be creative, complete something, and show you care.



  • Double Crust
  • 6 Peaches
  • 3/4 Cups sugar
  • 1/4 c tapioca
  • 1 t powdered ginger
  • juice from 1 lime
  • 1/4 cup candy ginger nuggets
  • Extra pats of butter
  • 2 T sugar with one t of ginger

I started my recipe from Saveur and modified to what was in house. I unfortunately didn't have any fresh ginger so I used powdered and those crystal nuggets. I got 5 very large and one little peach. I blanched them. I don't think they were as ripe as they could be as the skin didn't peel off very easily on a few.

Overall the pie was good. The peaches could have been peachier and the ginger fresher. It was nowhere near as good as last years Peachy Pie. And, the crust wasn't nearly as good as last weeks. To be honest, it was a Me 'n You pie though, so it was a little overworked by the three-year-old. Hubby did like it though, and I am happy to explore the ginger peach combo a little more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home